Working vs Residency

We are full-time RVers and use a great South Dakota mailing service. Can I work as a computer consultant in California for a few months, paying California taxes, without messing up our South Dakota residency?

I sure don't want to have to change our licenses and plates and absentee voting, etc. But I don't want to do anything illegal either....

Comments for Working vs Residency

Click here to add your own comments

Working Away From Home State

A lot of people work outside of their home state. You may find that your "tax home" and your "residency home" are two different states.

Believe it or not, the IRS has some publications that address this that are helpful.

There are a lot of variables. It sounds cliche' but really, seek advice from your tax and legal experts on your particular circumstances.

Click here to add your own comments


Need a New Surge Protector Do We have A WorkersonwheelsDeal For You.

Enter the coupon code


and save 10% on  Hughes      Autoformers website.

To link to Hughes Autoformers Website and save 10%