WV: Summersville Lake Retreat Park and Campground
Summersville Lake Retreat Park and Campground Staff
Summersville Lake Retreat Park and Campground hosts are ambassadors to our region. Our camp and park hosts experience living in West Virginia's most beautiful and historic area, Summersville Lake and the Gauley River National Recreation Area.
Our hosts can be individuals or teams such as a husband and wife. The schedules of our hosts allow them ample time to enjoy recreational activities with friends and family members.
Hosts will have the opportunity to meet people from all walks of life and perhaps develop new friendships. One of the most important benefits hosts receive is a sense of satisfaction that comes in knowing you have helped make the camping experience more enjoyable for other campers.
Summersville Lake Retreat Park and Campground hosts perform a variety of tasks. These may include greeting customers, handing out information, replacing restroom supplies, cleaning campsites, picking up litter, and informing the manager about potential problems.
Hosts serve as official greeters. They must like people, be courteous and outgoing, and helpful to all of our guests. Hosts also need to be physically capable of performing these duties. They are expected to be observant for situations within the campground that require immediate attention by staff and/or outside emergency assistance.
Hosts provide their own recreational vehicle and are provided a free campsite with utility hookups and WIFI. This also provides a friendly presence in our campground.
The manager will approve specific duty hours and assignments not to exceed 40 hours per week. Hosts are asked to give full attention to their effort by not accepting employment outside the campground during their stay as hosts. We ask for at least a commitment from May 1 – October 31.
Hosts need to become familiar with local points of interest and the location where local services can be obtained, for example fuel, lp, bait, and groceries. They will perform light maintenance work around the campground such as litter pick-up, sweeping, stocking supplies at the showerhouse, making emergency minor repairs when possible, and various other duties.
Hosts will take no law enforcement measure other than being observant
and advising users of unintentional infractions. Flagrant violators will be reported to the manager who is responsible for the campground. Hosts may be asked to serve as a witness for flagrant violators that have been observed.
Our hosts set an example by being model campers, practicing good housekeeping at all times in and around the host site, and by observing all rules and regulations.
On duty hours are mutually agreed upon between the manager and the host.
Responsibilities served in a variety of ways:
• Greet campers, answer questions, and orient them to the park and region.
• Set example for others by keeping host site clean and neat.
• Be accessible to campers for comments or complaints.
• Understand and explain - not enforce - park rules and regulations.
• Help maintain campground - pick up litter, clean campsites after guests check out, replenish restroom supplies, and assist in keeping the showerhouse clean.
• Check windshields for passes to ensure park fees are paid. Collect fees, if office is closed.
• Contact park staff and other law enforcement personnel about emergencies.
• Be available after office is closed to assist campers to their sites, collect fees, and maintain quiet hours for on-site managers.
• Help with the day to day campground operations, assisting in office, yard work, helping with small construction projects, etc.
Benefits of working at Summersville Lake Retreat Park and Campground:
• $8.25 hour wages after 29 hour completed.
• Campsite WIFI.
• Use of recreational amenities (with accumulated hours).
• Staff shirt and hat.
We are looking for energetic campground hosts for the 2012 season. Please send us a resume for the position and let us know that you are applying as a campground host.
Either mail a resume, or you may email resume and photos.
Summersville Lake Retreat
Attention: Employment Position
278 Summersville Lake Road
Mount Nebo, WV 26679
The Summerville Laek Retreat website: website www.summersvillelakeretreat.comGo to the page listing other campground profiles.Go to the Workers On Wheels Work for RVers and Campers blog.