Verde Plaza Mobile Estates
Andrea at Verde Plaza Mobile Estates
Verde Plaza Mobile Estates in Tucson, Arizona, seeks a Maintenance Tech. The Maintenance Tech provides support to all aspects of park maintenance operations. This includes, but is not limited to grounds maintenance, facility construction, landscape construction, janitorial support, equipment operation, entry maintenance, and special event support. The job may require some evenings and weekends.
The salary is $8.50 plus housing. Th position is for 40 hours per week. It is a long term position.
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following
• Swimming and Jacuzzi pool care. Must be able to learn or have knowledge of pool chemicals. To trouble shoot and maintain pools in a correct balanced manner.
• Lawn care. Mowing, edging, aeration, fertilization, and roundup application.
• Ornamental care. Plant and maintain trees, shrubs, perennial beds, flower beds, and native plants. Apply roundup safely. Maintain records of fertilizers and chemicals used.
• Facility construction and maintenance. Repair and maintenance of restrooms, shelters, playgrounds, fences, and concrete work. Installation of fencing, concrete flat work, signage, enclosures, trails, retaining walls, and drainage structures.
• Irrigation maintenance. Troubleshoot, maintain, and repair automatic and manual irrigation systems. Must have knowledge and ability to rethread broken galvanized or PVC pipe.
• Landscape construction. Soil preparation, fine grading, sod/seed installation, shrubs, perennial and flower bed installation, and irrigation system installation.
• Janitorial support. Trash collection removal on roadway, drainage systems, and open space. Restroom cleaning duties.
• Right of way maintenance. Roadside weed mowing and trash removal, using string trimmers, rock removal from curbs.
• Other duties as assigned.
The Maintenance Tech works with community service workers and volunteer groups in a crew leader capacity.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred. Previous experience in outdoor labor and equipment operation preferred. Experience in landscape and construction highly desired.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients,
and other employees of the organization.
Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10's and 100's. Ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume, and distance. Ability to complete time sheets.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
Must possess a valid us driver's license and good driving record.
Ability to learn basic horticultural skills to include planting and irrigation. Proficient use of general grounds maintenance tools and equipment. Ability to learn to perform semi-skilled park maintenance, construction, and repair work. Ability to learn methods and safety practices in maintenance operations. Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with those contacted in the course of work. The ability to work independently in the absence of supervision.
The Maintenance Tech will use janitorial equipment and chemicals, mechanical hand tools, agricultural hand tools, string trimmers, edgers, chain saws, electrical power tools, sprayers, air compressor/jackhammer, concrete saws, plumbing tools, and swimming pool equipment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to dig, rake, hammer, saw, drill, shovel, push, pull, stand, walk, use hands; reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee frequently is required to talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee must be able lift and/or move up to 75 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to outside weather conditions. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions. Working conditions is primarily outside in the park and desert setting. Use of protective equipment as required.
Contact Andrea at Verde Plaza Mobile Estates, Tucson, AZ. Please email resume or questions to email@example.com.