RVer Looking for Work: Marisa Foltz
(Full-Time RVer with a 14' Yukon Travel Trailer)
Marisa and Jacob
Marisa Foltz Estes Park, CO 80517 (717) 576∙2468 • email@example.com RELEVANT SKILLS
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• Strong interpersonal and customer service skills
• Strong organizational and time management skills
• Demonstrated ability to work independently with minimal supervision
• Demonstrated problem solving skills
• Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Office
• Ability to learn new concepts and skills quickly
• Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment
University of Pittsburgh – Pittsburgh, PA June 2013
Master of Arts in Teaching, English and Communications
GPA: 4.0 – Dean’s List Recipient of School of Education Merit-Based Scholarship Recipient of Adelaide G. Heverly-Welge Scholarship
University of Pittsburgh – Pittsburgh, PA April 2012
Bachelor of Arts in English Literature GPA: 3.83 – Summa Cum Laude Conferred Honors in the English Literature Program
Trout Haven Resorts – Estes Park, CO
Front Desk/Concierge August 2015-Present
• Answer inquiries pertaining to lodging, including condos, cabins, and RV sites, and make reservations on the phone and online via Booking.com and Expedia.
• Greet and register guests, make shopping, dining, and entertainment recommendations, and provide travel directions.
• Compute bills, collect payments, and make change for guests.
• Keep records of room and site availability and guests’ accounts on Booking Center.
• Respond to guest comments or complaints, offer solutions, and refer customers to managers as necessary.
• Perform housekeeping duties as needed.
• Maintain communication with housekeeping and maintenance staff to ensure efficient turnover of rooms and customer satisfaction.
• Maintain and update social media accounts, create and distribute newsletters via email and Mailchimp, create flyers and advertisements via Microsoft Publisher.
Academy School District 20-Air Academy High School– Colorado Springs, CO
English Teacher August 2013-June 2015
• Organized and delivered classroom lectures to students clearly and effectively.
• Evaluated students' class work and assignments.
• Prepared classroom and coursework materials, homework assignments, and handouts based on school-wide directives and state standards.
• Recorded and maintained accurate student attendance records and grades.
• Maintained discipline in the classroom.
• Communicated with parents, staff members, administration, and students in a positive, proactive fashion.
Pittsburgh Deli Company – Pittsburgh, PA
Head Server April 2011-July 2013
• Provided excellent customer service to patrons by taking orders, making suggestions, and serving food in a timely fashion.
• Responsible for handling payments balancing cash register during assigned shifts.
• Identified and solved customer problems and issues.
Isaac’s Restaurant and Deli -- Harrisburg, PA
Server May 2009-June 2010
• Maintained regular customers by providing excellent customer
• Earned bonus for maintaining 100% compliance to companywide initiative and noted high sales
• Certified to train new employees.
• Worked efficiently with a team of servers.
• Handled cash and payments and fully
responsible for cash register during assigned shifts.
• Identified and solved customer problems and issues.
• Followed company-wide initiatives and procedures to ensure high sales and customer satisfaction.
The Pickle Barrel – Pittsburgh, PA
Assistant Supervisor/Server January 2007 – May 2009
• Learned basic managerial duties of successfully running a small business such as supervising staff and handling money, as well as performing all the functions necessary to run the restaurant during the week under no supervision in a fast paced environment.
OTHER RELATED EXPERIENCE _____________________________________________________________
Pittsburgh Public School for the Creative and Performing Arts – Pittsburgh, PA
11th Grade AP Language and Composition Student Teacher August 2012-June 2013
• Designed lesson plans and units aimed at improving students’ critical thinking skills by teaching them to write strong, sophisticated, argumentative essays in preparation for the AP exam and college-level writing.
• Taught students to closely read, annotate, and analyze works of fiction and non-fiction with attention to word choice and syntax, form, tone, imagery, rhetorical devices, and key vocabulary.
• Developed lessons and units in line with the learning goals of the Common Core State Standards.
• Consulted with special education teacher to effectively differentiate lessons in order to accommodate students at different reading levels, as well as students with IEP’s and 504 plans.
• Improved students’ working vocabulary with daily vocabulary words, student self-generated vocabulary lists, and exposure to college level texts.
• Maintained consistent communication with parents and students concerning student progress.
• Fostered a positive and productive literacy community conducive to student learning and growth in a large, diverse, urban classroom.
University of Pittsburgh – Pittsburgh, PA
Undergraduate Teacher Assistant: Introduction to Shakespeare August 2011-December 2012
• Facilitated discussion on Shakespeare’s plays and sonnets.
• Tutored students outside of class in effective reading skills, essay writing, and revision.
• Developed and taught a series of lessons on modern interpretations of Shakespeare.
Mt Washington Community Development Center/REAM Recreation Center – Pittsburgh, PA
Volunteer Arts and Crafts Program Coordinator and Teacher September 2008-April 2009
• Coordinated and planned the arts and crafts program in cooperation with a co-teacher and the Recreation Center manager.
• Managed and taught a group of 10-15 children ages 8-13 in arts and crafts two days a week.
• Encouraged and supported students with community-based projects
- - - -
When you contact this Workers On Wheels reader who is looking for a job in campgrounds or RV parks, or other short-term work, please be sure to mention that you saw this Help Wanted ad on Coleen's Workers On Wheels website. Posted in March.See other resumes and employment wanted ads posted in March.Go to the Workers On Wheels Work for RVers and Campers announcements page.