Monterey County Parks
(Monterey County Parks, Monterey, CA)
Lake San Antonio
Monterey County, California, RV volunteers needed. Come volunteer in Monterey County Parks, California. This is a chance to live in one of our nine distinctive parks, in exchange for donating your time and talent.
Monterey County, California, encompasses beautiful terrain and breathtaking coastal scenery. We have cool mild weather. There are many historical, cultural, and tourist attractions in the area.
We have several parks in Monterey County and they all depend on volunteers:
~ Lake San Antonio
~ San Lorenzo Park
~ Laguna Seca Recreation Area
~ Toro Park
~ Jacks Peak Park
~ Manzanita Park
~ Royal Oak Park
Live On-Site Volunteers
The Monterey County Parks Department offers live-on volunteer opportunities for RVing individuals and couples who wish to donate their time and talent to the parks system.
Live-on volunteers must donate:
• 20 hours per week (30-40 hours per couple) of scheduled duties in exchange for a free campsite and utilities for a motor home or trailer.
• Duties may include general clean-up, entry station operation, campground host, and a variety of other assignments.
• Applicants must commit to three month period of time.
• Maximum stay is six months.
• Volunteers must be prepared to work weekends and special events.
Procedures for volunteer applicants:
Volunteers must provide a current DMV printout regarding their driving record for the current year with their application.
Please call us at 888-588-2267 for information. Or, go to our web site at www.co.monterey.ca.us/parks. Once on the website, you can click on Volunteer to complete and submit an application.
Or, submit your application and your DMV driving record to:
Rosario Cabrera, Volunteer Coordinator
Monterey County Parks Department
P. O. Box 5249
Salinas, CA 93915-5249
Go to the Workers On Wheels Work for RVers and Campers blog.