Monica Susan Wharton
Monica - July 2016
Monica S. Wharton
Palm Harbor, FL 34683
Experienced in the hospitality, educational, non-profit and private sector
Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Strong leadership and organizational skills
Demonstrated sales and marketing abilities
5/2013 – 8/2016 E.J.B. Bickley Trust, - Bickley RV Park, Seminole, FL
Assistant Manager – Full time
• Ensured customers/residents receive a high level of service
• Appropriately responded to all guest and resident inquiries
• Worked with the Park Manager to increase reservations and occupancy and further promote Bickley RV Park, as well as Mission Plaza, and Holiday Plaza through our websites (Facebook, Twitter) and online social media
• Prepared leases for annual/seasonal residents at Bickley RV Park and tenants at Mission Plaza (storage units and storefronts)
• Collected lot rent and storage fees; posting payments in Yardi financial accounting system
• Assisted handling and resolving guest and resident complaints.
• Assisted coordinating team member selection, training, scheduling and development of park staff and ensured all team members complied with appropriate policies and operational procedures.
• Collaborated with Park Manager to quickly and effectively address issues which would adversely affect the operation of the park or guest satisfaction
• Enforced park rules and standards
• Ensured compliance with federal, state and local agencies that regulate fair housing laws and resort operations
• Assisted Park Manager with data and information to prepare for annual operating budget
• Effectively marketed RV lots – standard and luxury, park models, pre-owned
• Provided in person interview with
• Brokered homes for sale in the park as well as prepared documents to list and sell homes.
• Provided data to assist in capital expenditure and expansion budget needs to Park Manager
• Licensed Notary – State of Florida 2015
• Completed Florida CAM Licensing course 2016
Customer Service - Bickley RV Park - Full time
• Assisted guests with check-in, registration, and presentation of park/pet rules.
• Provided guests with directions, information about the area and activities in the park
• Placed messages for park staff on reminder forms to assure completion of tasks.
• Maintained literature racks inside and outside office; maintain filing system and general office appearance
• Enforced in a pleasant manner, park rules and policies.
• Collected money from washers/dryers and change machine as needed – reported in daily summary
• Made suggestions for improvements as appropriate.
• Responded to telephone and in-person inquiries from homeowners, guests, and business partners.
• Provided friendly customer service to all guests and team members.
• Took reservations on computer system (by phone, email and walk-ins)
• Referred all inquiries to the appropriate individuals, and/or departments.
• Organize, maintain, and coordinate office records and files in their proper locations.
• Assisted in compiling data for various reports request by Property Manager
• As a front-line team member, present a positive and professional image of the organization to all visitors, homeowners, guests, inquiries, and other interactions.
• Ensured all forms and reports are completed as needed.
• Maintained the reception/office area in a tidy and presentable manner.
• Accepted and monitored inbound shipments as necessary.
• Ensured that the appropriate evacuation procedures are carried out in the event of an emergency.
• Assisted with park activities (emailing residents’ updates, calendars)
• Politely and quickly responded to resident service requests
• Organized breakfasts, grilled lunches, block parties, pool parties, dinners, day trips;
• Recruited residents to volunteer for park functions
• Met with residents/ volunteers to organize, and plan events;
• Publicized events through-out park on signs, by email, calendars and fliers;
• Solicited donations, gift certificates from businesses for fundraising events and for volunteers
2011-12 HSNi - St. Petersburg, FL Customer Service/Hybrid Sales
• Assist HSNi customers by finding resolutions to questions in a timely manner
• Completing sales transactions (in-bound) in a timely and effective manner
• Educating customers about HSNi products
• Strong PC skills including Internet, Excel, Word, Outlook, CliC and other programs at HSN
• Adaptable to new programs and software used at HSN
• Strong organizational, detail orientation and follow through skills.
• Compliant with daily performance and quality measurements including average talk time and adherence to work schedules
2010 ServiceMaster (Tru-Green Lawn Care) – Hudson, FL
Inside Sales Representative (Seasonal)
• Contacted prospective customers to explain type of service or product offered • Contacted current customers to measure satisfaction after completed service calls.
• Notified customers of scheduled applications.
• Assisted customers over the telephone by answering their questions and service concerns.
• Quoted prices and encouraged current customers to buy.
• Secured sales and arranged delivery date.
• Recorded names, addresses, purchases, and reactions of prospects solicited.
• Prepared reports on sales activities
• Top five in sales Florida (September 2010)
2009-10 Pasco-Hernando Community College, New Port Richey, FL
Administrative Assistant – Academic Technology Dept.
• Data entry in college’s Management Information Systems, including entering requisitions, purchase orders
• Completed receiving reports, and follow through on purchase orders.
• Scheduled student, staff and faculty trainings and other appointments
• Answered and submitted help tickets from Faculty, staff and students received online, by phone, in person and by email for myphcc (Angel – LMS)
• Maintained records, typed correspondence, and compiled reports as needed for the department
• Logged in visitors to the department requesting assistance from AT Department and staff • Attained many outside gift donations for employees for All College Day annual
• event on campus
• Assisted with marketing new Higher One refund program on the campus
2008 - SUBWAY Franchise Development of WNY, Inc., Williamsville, NY
Marketing Specialist – School Lunch Programs
• Developed new business contacts with school staff, professionals, parents and community leaders to implement School Lunch Program via personal meetings, email, phone and fax
• Developed new relationships with local and national school nutrition associations
• Prepared written presentations and proposals to businesses and franchisees
1989 – 2007 Great Lakes Program, University at Buffalo, NY
Sr. Staff Assistant to the Director
• Designed and prepared Great Lakes Research Review distributed to 2,500 and reports such as Monographs,
Occasional papers, Annual Reports, workshop proceedings and program brochures
• Support services coordinator for conferences hosted and co-hosted by the program
• Coordinated yearly schedules of invited guests as seminar speakers of
• Environmental Engineering and Science Seminar series
• Coordinated seminar speaker's and affiliated personnel’s travel, hotel, accommodations and related A/V needs • Prepared reports and maintain records for numerous research and state accounts, approximately $2 million/year.
• Contacted vendors for procurement of supplies, equipment as needed by the department
• Assisted Director with grant writing and applications through Grants and
• Contracts' administrator's on over 26 externally funded grants (US EPA, NOAA, NSF, NYS DEC and others)
• Maintained extensive mail list on Access database; account information (expenditures, summary reports) and Great Lakes library
• Attended campus and outside functions related to the program as an
• Ambassador of the program – City of Buffalo, Town of Amherst and WNY
St. Petersburg College – Part-time
Graduate, New York State Partners in Policymaking Program, Albany, NY
Graduate, Dispute Settlement Center, Volunteer Mediator
State University of New York – Albany, Certificate in Autism
Empire State College, SUNY, Buffalo, NY
Canisius College, Buffalo, NY
2006 Chair, Disability Committee, UUP-Buffalo Chapter
2005 Emcee, Third annual “Arts Work” silent auction gala for Autistic Services, Inc.
2005 Recipient, E.P. Maxwell Schliefer Distinguished Service Award, EP
Global Communications “Exceptional Parent magazine
2005 Recipient, Achievement Award for Public Awareness, NYS DDPC
2004 Creator and Host, DisAbility News & Views Radio Show, WXRL 1300AM
2003 Finalist, “NFL Community Quarterback Award” by the Buffalo Bills
2003 Appointed Public member to Speech Language Board, Office of
Professions, NYS Education
2003 Co-Chair, Buffalo Niagara Walk FAR for NAAR, second Annual Walk for Autism
2002 Member and Graduate of New York State Partners in Policymaking program
2002 Co-Chair, Walk F.A.R. NAAR (Inaugural Walk for Autism – Buffalo, Fall 2001 Buffalo Ambassador, City of Buffalo