Love your job? Or, not so much? Fifteen "True" or "False" statements reveal whether you were meant to be together or whether you deserve better and should run from the relationship.
Do You Love Your Job?
~ from Tag and Catherine Goulet, FabJob.com
Have you found the one you want to stay with, or are you just passing time until something better comes along?
We're talking about your job, of course!
Here's a fun quiz to help you identify whether you truly love your job. For each statement, decide whether it is more True or False for you.
1. I feel happy when I think about my job.
2. I look forward to going to work each day.
3. I enjoy telling my friends and family about all the exciting things I'm doing at my job.
4. I miss my job when I'm away from it for an extended period.
5. The good things about my job far outweigh any things I want to change about it.
6. Sometimes I get so wrapped up in my work that I forget to take breaks.
7. I would want to do my job even if I weren't being paid.
8. When I'm away from work I check my emails or phone in to see how things are going.
9. I feel fortunate to have my job.
10. I work overtime because I want to.
11. I feel energized when I'm at work.
12. The hours fly by quickly when I'm doing my job.
13. I don't check job ads or otherwise look for new opportunities.
14. If I lost my job I would feel heartbroken even if I wasn't worried about money.
15. I can imagine staying at my job for years to come.
Now the revealing part...scoring the "Do You Love Your Job?" quiz:
Give yourself 1 point for each statement you answered True and 0 points for each one you answered False.
If you scored 0: Your job isn't giving you what you need to be happy. You know you deserve better.
If you scored 1-5: There are things you like about your job, but it may be just a fling. Keep looking around for something else.
If you scored 6-10: There are a lot of things you like about your job. You can be happy with your job for many years -- or you may be able to find another job you'll be just as happy with.
If you scored 11-15: It's true love. You and your job are meant to be together. Just don't lose yourself in this relationship. Remember to take some time off now and then so that you'll return to your job with even more to give it.
To discover how to break into a job you can love see the list of dream careers at FabJob.com.
This "Do You Love Your Job?" quiz is from sisters Tag and Catherine Goulet are co-founders of FabJob.com, a publisher of guides on how to break into a dream career. Visit www.FabJob.com to discover how to break into your dream career.
Subscribe to our E-zine