Circle K Guest Ranch
Circle K Guest Ranch
(Between Dolores and Telluride, CO)
Cook Needed At Guest Ranch: Housing/RV site, utilities, meals, $$$$$$. Fun, hard work, and pay are all part of working at Circle K Ranch.
Cook Position: Circle K Ranch is a privately owned guest ranch that serves guests from all walks of life such as church youth groups, family reunions, girl scouts, boy scouts, public school groups, vacationing families, etc. We place a high value on quality of character, including good disposition, high personal standards, and being a positive role model for our guests. Our goal is to provide a very warm, friendly atmosphere and to do our best at helping our guests enjoy their time here.
Our summer season begins the last half of May and goes through mid August, with the possibility of fall employment thru October.
While working at a guest ranch can be a lot of hard work, it can also be a great deal of fun. Employees have the opportunity to meet people from across the country and around the world. During time off, employees are able to join in many of the ranch activities including riding, fishing, and hiking or they can strike out on their own to go camping, river rafting, and explore the surrounding area.
If this combination of hard work, commitment and fun in the surroundings of the beautiful San Juan Mountains of southwest Colorado interests you, we invite you to email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Your own RV is a plus for housing. For more ranch information see www.ckranch.com.
Kitchen staff includes cooks and other kitchen assistants (who assist in food prep, washing dishes, food serving, and dining room and kitchen area clean-up).
The cooks oversee and participate in all the duties of the kitchen staff. The cook is responsible to efficiently prepare food in a timely fashion. The kitchen has an eight burner stove, two ovens, and two grills, upright freezers, upright institutional-style refrigerators, walk-in refrigerator, ice machine, slicer, and dish-washer. Cooks generally have some free time during the day.
• Greet our guests with a smile and express a genuine appreciation for them.
• Follow and enforce safety regulations.
• Follow all Ranch standards guidelines.
• Responsible for all meal preparation, following prescribed recipes and established standards.
• Clean food preparation equipment used, and ensures food preparation and service areas are maintained in a clean and sanitary manner.
• Ensures food is maintained at proper serving temperatures.
• Ensures gas-fired stoves, grills and ovens, plus other kitchen equipment are off when not in use.
• Responsible for keeping inventory of food and staples. The camp director and owners will work with the cooks on meal planning and ordering.
• Assisting in putting away food deliveries.
• Responsible for supervision of the other assistants.
• Evaluate current season and make recommendations for following season.
• These are not the only duties to be assigned. Some duties may be reassigned and other duties assigned as required.
• Ability to work under time constraints.
• Ability to prepare meals for small (10) as well as large (150) groups.
• Ability to efficiently adjust to last minute changes.
• Ability to work under close supervision as well as limited supervision.
• Experience in food service and preparation work.
• Knowledge of quantity food preparation techniques and procedures is a plus.
• Skill in cooking and in the use and care of food preparation appliances and equipment.
• Ability to interpret and follow recipes and to compute basic mathematical calculations.
• Work references to be supplied.
• Ability to accept guidance and supervision.
• Enthusiasm, patience, sense of humor and self-control.
• Management and people skills.
• At least 21 years of age .
Email resumes to email@example.com, or call 970-562-3826.
Location: Between Dolores and Telluride, CO.
Compensation: Housing/RV site, utilities, meals, $$$$$$.