AZ: Work At One Of the Seven Natural Wonders - Pay and Site
Grand Canyon Association, Flagstaff, Arizona
(Seasonal Employment at Grand Canyon National Park Stores)
Grand Canyon Association
AZ: VISITOR EXPERIENCE SPECIALIST LEVEL I
Founded in 1932, the Grand Canyon Association (GCA) is the official nonprofit partner of Grand
Canyon National Park. GCA operates eight Park Stores within the Park, raises private funds to
benefit the Park, and provides premier educational opportunities about the natural and cultural
history of the region.
For our Park Stores, we seek positive, enthusiastic, service-oriented individuals who are:
1. Passionate about preserving and protecting Grand Canyon National Park
2. Committed to educating visitors and raising funds by proactively selling GCA and other
3. Interested in fostering a connection with visitors to the Grand Canyon by recruiting members
and letting them know about our fundraising activities
4. Committed to contributing to a fun and positive workplace environment by maintaining
respectful and professional communication at all times
GCA employees hold themselves to a set of values (Service, Integrity, Knowledge, Connection,
Achievement, and Adventure) that demonstrate our loyalty and commitment to the organization, one
another, and Grand Canyon National Park. We offer the opportunity for a fun, “working vacation” in
an extraordinary place, and the chance to “give back” in support of the National Parks.
The Visitor Experience Specialist (VES) Level 1 position is an entry level position in GCA’s Retail
Department and reports to the Park Store Manager. The primary purpose of this position is to ensure
that every visitor receives world-class service in GCA Park Stores; to proactively sell products;
and to recruit GCA members. Park Stores are open every day of the year (including holidays) and
hours vary from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Our Summer Season runs from April 15 to October 15th.
Starting wage for this position is $10.10 per hour. An RV is required for this position as housing
is unavailable; full hook-up sites are available.
OVERVIEW AND PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES
Duties include, but are not limited to:
• Act as an ambassador for Grand Canyon and Grand Canyon Association by proactively greeting
visitors, answering questions, and graciously providing information about the Park and GCA.
• Develop and maintain a broad knowledge of GCA products and proactively assist visitors with
product selection and purchases with the goals of upselling whenever possible.
• Foster stewardship and inspire support for Grand Canyon by informing each visitor of GCA’s
membership and donation programs, and make it compelling and simple for them to become a member
and/or donor. Meet or exceed sales and membership recruitment goals.
• Ensure Park Store floor is fully stocked, all store areas including the break-room and offices
are clean, and products are merchandized according to GCA guidelines and specifications.
• Assist store management
in ensuring register transactions are processed efficiently.
• Accurately process sales using a computerized cash register system; reconcile cash drawer.
• Follow GCA Retail Department Guidelines for maintaining professional and respectful
communication with visitors, NPS, colleagues, vendors, etc.
Support management in maintaining a high level of morale by helping to foster a positive
• Cross-train at the Association’s Distribution Center (DC) to understand how product moves from
the DC to the Park Stores.
• Attend NPS Ranger tours and GCA training programs when possible.
• Explain Grand Canyon National Park Junior Ranger program to visitors and swear in Junior
Rangers who have completed the requirements.
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS AND CHARACTERISTICS:
• Passion for Grand Canyon National Park and the mission of GCA
• Enthusiasm for driving sales and recruiting members
• Ability and desire to consistently provide outstanding visitor service
• Ability to work as a team player in a fast-paced environment
• Ability to exercise good judgment
• Ability and desire to effectively interact with visitors and colleagues, demonstrate
enthusiasm, and maintain a positive attitude
• Willingness to work a flexible schedule based on business needs, including evenings, weekends,
and holidays in any of GCA’s Park Stores
• Working knowledge of, or ability to learn a computerized cash register and payroll system
• Standing for long periods of time, up to eight hours each day
• Frequent, extended periods of repetitive hand motion required by operation of a computerized cash register system
• Reaching and bending while cleaning and stocking
• Lifting book boxes weighing as much as 40 lbs.; pushing carts of product weighing up to 100 lbs.
• Moving stock on hand trucks weighing up to 100 lbs. from delivery vans, in some cases over rough surfaces, stairs, or inclines, and through varying weather conditions
• Ability to work at elevations in excess of 7,000-9,000 feet above sea level
• Walking to restroom facilities located in buildings other than the Park Store
Applications may be sent to:
Grand Canyon Association, Lisa Graham, email@example.com
P.O. Box 399, Grand Canyon, AZ 86023
Faxed to: 928-638-2484
Grand Canyon Association is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- - - -
This is a Workers On Wheels "Help Wanted" ad. Please tell the employer that you saw this Help Wanted ad on Coleen's Workers On Wheels website. This job with RV parking posted in March. Grand Canyon Association, Flagstaff, Arizona.Find more jobs for working campers and full-time RVers that we posted in March. See what's new on Workers On Wheels -- News and AnnouncementsSee the Help Wanted ads posted in other months.